What is a Christian
A Christian is anyone who has put his or her full trust in the Gospel, which is clearly explained in the Bible in the following ways:
- I come to understand in a personal way that I am a sinner by nature and by choice, and deserve God’s wrath.
- I have also come to understand that I need a Savior, Jesus Christ, to save me from my sin.
- I come to believe (or, to fully trust) that Jesus died for my sins by suffering in my place, and because He did my sins are forgiven forever.
- Because of my faith in Christ’s death and resurrection I am forgiven, and I will live with Him in eternity.
- As a Christian, God speaks to me through His Word, the Bible. As a Christian, I need a family of believers to grow among. God gives me the Holy Spirit who will help me understand the Word and to grow into the likeness of His Son, Jesus.
- The rest of my life, through struggle and success, I will live this out to God’s glory.
See Ephesians 2:1-10; Romans 3:21-31; 6:1-14; 1 Peter 1:13-25